INSTRUCTIONS for PRESENTATIONS
INSTRUCTIONS for ORAL PRESENTATIONS
Contributed oral presentations are 15 minutes long, including 5 minutes for questions and discussion. The paper must be presented by one of the author or co-authors.Oral presentations are to be made either using your laptop or the PC that will be available in the session room (Windows system + Power point). Please come to the session room with your laptop or pen drive having your presentation file. There will be a volunteer on hand to assist in starting each presentation.
INSTRUCTIONS for POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Maximum poster size is 36 inches wide by 48 inches high (3 ft. x 4 ft.). You must provide your own printout of the poster itself. You are requested to set up your poster in the morning prior to the Opening ceremony and remove it at the end of the session. One of the paper author or co-authors must be present and available for discussion at the poster session. Posters will be on display in the conference room.
- Official languages: English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil, with over 75% of the population fluent in English.
- Made up of over 60 islands, of which the biggest is Singapore Island, also known as Pulau Ujong.
- Population: about 5.5 million, of which 62% are citizens and 38% are permanent residents or foreign workers and students.
- Vehicles drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- International dialing code: +65
- Currency: Singapore dollar (SGD/S$)
- Time zone: Singapore Standard Time (UTC +8)
- Singapore was founded by Britain in 1819, gained independence in 1963, became part of Malaysia the same year and finally separated into an independent state in 1965.
- Parliamentary republic with unicameral legislature, meaning just one legislative chamber.
- The People’s Action Party has won every election since self-governance was granted in 1959.
- Head of state is the President, a largely ceremonial role.
- Leader of government is the Prime Minister.
- Around the same size as Fresno, California, but has a population of approximately 10 times larger.