TheIRES | VIDEO CONFERENCING (VC)
In order to restrain our participants from travelling during pandemic covid-19 we have introduced this new feature of video conferencing- A convenient way of sharing and discussion.
HOW IT WORKS:
At first, send us your presentation slides (PPT).
- Download Zoom App (Mobile/Notepad/Tablet)
- Create (Sign-Up) an Zoom Account (www.zoom.us)
- We will send a meeting invite with an embedded video link. You can find the Meeting ID and Password.
- Verify your camera and audio input and network connectivity set up before joining the conference call and to share your screen.
- You can leave the meeting whenever you want.
N.B: Maximum Time Limit for Presentation: 10 Minutes
A special category has been created in the conference registration page.
- Official languages: English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil, with over 75% of the population fluent in English.
- Made up of over 60 islands, of which the biggest is Singapore Island, also known as Pulau Ujong.
- Population: about 5.5 million, of which 62% are citizens and 38% are permanent residents or foreign workers and students.
- Vehicles drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- International dialing code: +65
- Currency: Singapore dollar (SGD/S$)
- Time zone: Singapore Standard Time (UTC +8)
- Singapore was founded by Britain in 1819, gained independence in 1963, became part of Malaysia the same year and finally separated into an independent state in 1965.
- Parliamentary republic with unicameral legislature, meaning just one legislative chamber.
- The People’s Action Party has won every election since self-governance was granted in 1959.
- Head of state is the President, a largely ceremonial role.
- Leader of government is the Prime Minister.
- Around the same size as Fresno, California, but has a population of approximately 10 times larger.