TENTATIVE CONFERENCE PROGRAM
|9:00 AM - 9:30 AM||Registration at Desk|
|9:30 AM - 10:00 AM||Inaugural Session Keynote Speech by Speakers|
|10:00 AM- 10:15 AM||Breakfast & Tea Break|
|10:15 AM - 1:00 PM||Technical Session-1|
|1:00 PM - 2:00 PM||Lunch|
|2:00 PM - 4:00 PM||Technical Session-2|
|4:00 PM - 4:30 PM||Certificate Distribution & Award Ceremony|
|4:30 PM - 4:45 PM||Closing Ceremony|
- Official languages: English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil, with over 75% of the population fluent in English.
- Made up of over 60 islands, of which the biggest is Singapore Island, also known as Pulau Ujong.
- Population: about 5.5 million, of which 62% are citizens and 38% are permanent residents or foreign workers and students.
- Vehicles drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- International dialing code: +65
- Currency: Singapore dollar (SGD/S$)
- Time zone: Singapore Standard Time (UTC +8)
- Singapore was founded by Britain in 1819, gained independence in 1963, became part of Malaysia the same year and finally separated into an independent state in 1965.
- Parliamentary republic with unicameral legislature, meaning just one legislative chamber.
- The People’s Action Party has won every election since self-governance was granted in 1959.
- Head of state is the President, a largely ceremonial role.
- Leader of government is the Prime Minister.
- Around the same size as Fresno, California, but has a population of approximately 10 times larger.