The Institute of Research Engineers and Scientists (The IRES) is a Registered Nonprofit International Scientific Society dedicated to the promotion of advance research in the field of Science, Engineering, and Social innovation at worldwide by organizing different international events in associations with various world class Universities ,Institutions. It brings together institutions, bodies and organizations from different countries of the world for discussion and cooperation.
To promote and enhance the dialogue in education among the institutions devoted to Science and Engineering fields through:
- Promotion of best practice standards in the service of international education.
-The facilitation of relevant forums, training and information exchange.
- Creation and dissemination of knowledge; exert an influence in public policy.
- Production of publications used as a database document for research works, projects and innovation activities held on the international education field.
The IRES believes that this is best achieved through international cooperation and promotes the development of closer links among relevant institutions and individuals around the world. The IRES supports that such international cooperation can help countries learn from each other and promotes the dissemination of scientific and engineering activities.
The IRES is also a school where young researches learn how to chair a technical session for the first time, and where young authors are coached how to edit a publishable contribution via a few iterations.
The IRES intends to achieve the mentioned objectives and get an international visibility by the organization of international conferences and by interacting with public and private organisms from all parts of the world.
- Official languages: English, Malay, Mandarin and Tamil, with over 75% of the population fluent in English.
- Made up of over 60 islands, of which the biggest is Singapore Island, also known as Pulau Ujong.
- Population: about 5.5 million, of which 62% are citizens and 38% are permanent residents or foreign workers and students.
- Vehicles drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- International dialing code: +65
- Currency: Singapore dollar (SGD/S$)
- Time zone: Singapore Standard Time (UTC +8)
- Singapore was founded by Britain in 1819, gained independence in 1963, became part of Malaysia the same year and finally separated into an independent state in 1965.
- Parliamentary republic with unicameral legislature, meaning just one legislative chamber.
- The People’s Action Party has won every election since self-governance was granted in 1959.
- Head of state is the President, a largely ceremonial role.
- Leader of government is the Prime Minister.
- Around the same size as Fresno, California, but has a population of approximately 10 times larger.